PS6 has finally got a release date apparently by Sony in the official news following the Xbox acquisition rumor. According to recent reports, the authority is reviewing PlayStation’s deal to roll over the new PS6 soon.
Let’s delve more deeply into the article to inform you about the PS6 release date we gathered from the official resources.
PS6 Release Date Announced
The leaked date of the PS6 is estimated to be somewhere around 2028. The leak was released in a document after a portion stating that the PlayStation was losing rights to Call of Duty after 2027, suggesting it may switch to a more advanced platform.
Sony has already started working on the PS6, despite releasing the PS5 only two years ago. This news is surprising after the company took over seven years to release the PS5 after PS4.
The legal battle between Sony and Microsoft on PS6
The two giants of the gaming industry, Sony and Microsoft, are battling in court over Microsoft, which has reportedly purchased the rights to Activision Blizzard until 2027. Activision Blizzard is the worldwide leading developer, distributor, and publisher of various gaming consoles and top franchises like Call of Duty, Crash, and Overwatch.
Since Microsoft has purchased the rights to Activision in the largest deal in gaming history, the deal is worth over $69 billion. It would give Microsoft a huge advantage in the gaming industry.
Sony knows that its place in the market is at stake if the agreement is carried out. Microsoft will fully own the most valuable franchises in console gaming, and Sony would not want that because it would cost them their place in the market.
Sony’s primary concern is over Call of Duty’s rights. Microsoft can let Call of Duty games remain on the Sony Xbox platform or make it available only on GamePass. Naturally, Sony has challenged this deal in court and is trying its best not to let it go forward.
Sony’s Future Plans regarding PS6
Sony has come up with a few steps that the company will take in case the deal goes forward. At the frontier of this deal, it is releasing a more advanced gaming console after recently releasing the PS5 in late 2020. The company plans to release the PS6 when its current contract with Call of Duty ends in 2027. The expected updates to PS6 may include the following:
- A new user interface, as after reviews by gamers worldwide, it can be concluded that the PS5 has many flaws. The new interface may have a more user-friendly interface with better navigation options.
- The PS5 is a large console and takes up a lot of space. It may be a slimmer, more sleek mobile console that would be easier to carry around.
- A rumored update is that it may have built-in wireless charging. This update will allow you to charge controllers, headsets, and media remotes by placing them on the console.
- Virtual Reality may be integrated into the console. It is a feature whose release is highly anticipated in the gaming community. Gamers would have the opportunity to play in a more realistic gaming environment, feeling like they were in the game themselves.
- Graphics may update to 8K. Other specification updates may include additional RAM, a faster, more efficient CPU, and the release of a 4K Blu-ray player.
It is expected to be released by 2028 after information about Sony’s court battle with Microsoft was leaked to the public. Sony aims to counter Microsoft’s purchase of Activision Blizzard by developing better gaming consoles and attracting more gamers.
The company seeks to move forward by releasing a PS6 with a new user interface, improved graphics, gameplay, and other innovative features.