A few days back, Nintendo Switch launched its two blockbuster games, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. In these new Pokemon versions, players can act as trainers by exploring Paldea to tap mini Pokemon and train them to combat enemies. Yet, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are both different versions. Owing to this, it becomes confusing to decide which one will suit your taste.
In fact, not only confusing but challenging to turn to any one option when both are seemingly perfect games to try.
So, we decided to give you all a brief overlook to aid you in decision-making. Let’s highlight the factors you should consider before going for one: Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
Disparities Between Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Being a Pokemon fan, you would know Pokemon’s tactics of including exclusives in their games. It has been their practiced ritual since the 1st generation. Yet, this practice expanded from minor to major differences between versions.
At the very start, you have to pick your Pokemon from the list of options, each having differences in appearance, powers, colors, and weaknesses.
Let’s differentiate to analyze what you can expect from each.
Pokemon Scarlet Exclusives
- Koraidon legendary
- It offers more of an ancient or traditional look with subtle pre-historic aesthetics
- More like dragons turned into Pokemon
- Koraidon Motorcycle, Professor Sada, and Naranja Academy
- Red or Orange color the characters and the overall game
- No other aesthetic customization features besides the starting apparel
- Pokemon Scarlet concentrates more on older or classic Pokemon: Magneton and Jigglypuff.
Pokemon Violet Exclusives
- Miraidon legendary
- It offers a futuristic gameplay look
- Professor Turo, Uva Academy, and Miraidon Cycle
- Blue or Purple is a dominant theme color
- More like robotic transformations of Pokemon, giving a sci-fi effect
- Character outfits are also of blue or purple color
These are the major differences between Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, making them some factors to consider before choosing the preferred version.
As everyone has different graphic tastes, it’s significant to choose accordingly to make it beneficial.
Exclusive legendary differences in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Koraidon in Pokemon Scarlet looks like a bird-like dinosaur, common in traditional times. However, Miraidon in Pokemon Violet appears more like a metallic lizard, signaling an advanced future.
For good measure, they both can turn into vehicles with wheels. Yet, Koraidon runs on legs while Miraidon appears as a jet that calls for accelerating energy.
Plus, legendaries of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet have different aquatic and aerial modes, according to their opted themes.
Books in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet games also offer different books. Like Pokemon Scarlet includes records of Great Tusk, and Violet’s book includes Iron Treads. These books are only available in their respective Pokemon versions.
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet: Decide your Preference
Considering the above major differences, you can see no version surpasses the other. It significantly depends on your taste and mood. The only major difference that seems daunting is the traditional and futuristic outlook. It plays a significant role in influencing decisions.
- Koraidon Pokemon in Scarlet or Miraidon Pokemon in Violet
- Do you want a futuristic Violet design or an ancient Scarlet look?
- Orange or Red colored theme in Scarlet and Blue colored theme in Violet.
- Would you prefer Scarlet’s Professor Sada or Professor Turo of Violet?
- The good thing is both offer equally exclusive Pokemon
- Great Tusk Pokemon in Scarlet or Iron Treads in Scarlet as a Paradox Pokemon
The preferences are subjective. It is up to you what you choose as you have to, after all. So, make an informed decision to enjoy the ninth generation Pokemon with Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, better or not.